Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Try something new !

Om Gan Gan Ganapathaye Namaha !
This is my first step in the big virtual world. I have been thinking of writing a blog for quite some time now but never had the courage to actually go ahead and write one. This was because of the following reasons:
  • Never knew for sure if I have enough thoughts that I could put in here.
  • Who would be interested in reading my blog ?

Today, I have mustered up all my courage and started this blog. I plan to write as much as possible and about as much as possible.

Today, I dedicate this blog to all who have passion and the confidence to try out something new. Very early in our life, we are conditioned to behave as expected - Over protective parents who never allow kids to try out something new and learn from its own experiences; narrow-minded teachers who want their students to learn only as they teach them; the education system which rewards students who conform to the standards set by the school - all of this has resulted in a society which expects all to conform to the social practices and dogmas. Everybody is afraid of doing anything which is not considered normal for someone his age and stature. When was the last time you did something because that was the only thing you wanted to do, not becuase that is what you were supposed to do. When was the last time you did something you were not supposed to do and not feel bad about it ? Let me gues... Seems like a life time to me.

Today, let us decide to try one new experience everyday..... Be it trying out a new recipie; a new route to our office; reading a book upside down; watching a cartoon with your kid; sing a new song; get introduced to a new person; take flowers for everyone in your team in office; volunteer for a good cause; go out to a movie with your wife during office time; go play cricket with your son...The list can go on and on and on... The message is do something you normally do not do... See what this does to you and people around you. There will be a re-newed vigour in your life... Keep doing this everday and you will feel full of life... There is nothing in life which can bring in more joy than this feeling... lagi bet ?

Signing off for now.....

Yours,

Mukesh

2 comments:

Sri Vaishnava said...

so what did u do today???

Mukesh said...

I joined the toastmasters organization in my office and gave an extempore speach connecting Leadership, design, books, innovation, emotion, creativity and beuty. :)