Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 2: Who moved my Cheese ?

Another evening.... Another thought..... Another blog......
Today, I read the book "Who Moved my Cheese". This is a simple story about change and how one percieves change. I thought that the authors have been able to convey one part of the story very effectively and efforlessly. The other part of the story that the book does not talk about is the "How do I move the Cheese ?". Enough has been said and written about the need for an organization to be adabtaple and flexible, meaning that people in the organizations should be able to deal with ever changing reality effectively. Is this a such a big challenge ? Is this the challenge ?
I would think that the challenge is not in getting people to change with times, but to be able to clearly communicate the reasoning behind the change and how the change affects the organization as a whole. So as a leader of an organization, I need to answer the following questions :
  • Should I move the cheese ?
  • Where should I move the cheese to ?
  • How do I move the cheese ?

Answers to these questions can help organizations deal with change effectively. Lets keep the cheese moving.....

Love

Mukesh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

somebody should squeeze ur b**ls